Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to School, to prove I'm no fool


Yuck. I am back in Rexburg, Idaho. This is my last semester (unless I fail something) and then it is off to student teaching and then the real world. Every semester I dread coming back up here but then I get here and am just fine. Heavenly messengers must have told the Big Guy just how much I was dreading it this semester because the weather has been not as harsh as the other winters I have been here. I still can't believe my college experience is almost done, and even though I should feel wiser and more mature than the day I drove into this little town, i still feel like the 18 year old girl who was wondering what the heck she was going to do with her life. Just when I feel like throwing in the towel and faking a life threatening disease (I am sure it is easier than it sounds) I am reminded just how much I love what I am doing.
It's moments like today when I went to go do a home visit for the Toddler lab I will be working in this semester. I have been excited to do the Toddler lab but a little bit nervous about how well I will do since I have been so used to working with preschool age children because of preschool last semester. As soon as one of the other teachers and I arrived at the home and met the toddler that will be in our lab, I realized just how much I love the toddler years! Getting down on the ground and playing silly games seemed so natural. I know I probably shouldn't but I already am in love with the little boy I went to visit. I loved getting to know the family and pretending I was a professional, even if I was crawling on the ground and stacking blocks. If I have a choice when I enter the work force, I want to work with toddlers. It is just a fun age! I am so excited to get to know the 13 little busy bodies that will be entering my classroom this semester.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome..I am sure he already loves you too. Asher's age, how can you not love it especially when you get to be there for the fun parts and walk away for the icky one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are continuing on with a blog. I love to hear what you are doing and see you pictures. It is always hard to let you go also. Please look at my blog so that I can get you on my list of people. Thanks for for posting it makes me feel more apart of your life.

    ReplyDelete