Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blogging award

My sister nominated me with the Beautiful Blogger Award, and then stole all the people I would nominate by recieving this award. But, none the less, I'll give it a try.

Brittani is my beautiful sister that nominated me for the award. Brittani was born second in my family of eight children, and I was born seventh. While I was only eight when she left for college, a mission, and eventually marriage, I have never felt like she was a stranger. Brittani has more patience and kindness in her little fingernail than I can ever hope to possess. I remember when I was going through a heart break with a silly boy, Brittani realized how much I needed a friend and would call me each day to check up on me and be a listening ear. When you have Brittani by your side, you don't need much else. I am lucky to have such a great cheerleader, confidant, and friend as my sister.

The next part of the award consists of me sharing seven interesting facts about myself and then nominate seven other beautiful bloggers.

1. I like graveyards. It all started when mom and dad took us to an old cemetary in Alabama with gorgeous spanish moss and magnolia trees. In high school my friends and I would frequent cemetaries when we had nothing better to do. Just today Nathan and I drove through the cemetary near my apartment and looked at different style headstones. A litte wierd I know, but a peaceful place.

2. I miss/love teaching. I didn't realize this until I stopped teaching. When I watch others teach I crave to be up front doing what they are doing. I don't feel like I am particularly good at it, but I love teaching.

3. I am grateful I was born with confidence. I did not realize this was something I had until my college years. I am who I am and that is that. I still have my moments of insecurity, but I have never really struggled with not having confidence in myself. It really is a hard trait to gain, and I somehow was born with it.

4. I'm a sucker for love songs. Yep. I can't get enough of a good love song. I am also a sucker for a good heart break song. I guess that is why I like country.

5. One of my biggest regrets in life is giving up dancing. I was obsessed with it. Life just didn't have it in my deck of cards for it to last longer than a few years. I often wonder how different life might have been if I continued with dance. I'd probably be rich and famous. Ok, probably not, but at least I'd probably be skinny.

6. I am addicted to sunlight. Somehow I find myself living in frozen wastelands. Hmmm... This sucks. Time for a tanning package!

7. I love love love movie theatre popcorn. I know everything about it fake and it will probably give me cancer. It is jsut so delicious! Especially the day after...

Now I am supposed to nominate 7 people but I will save that for later. Beware!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment