Sunday, May 30, 2010

Friendly Reunion

Have you ever gotten a headache from laughing too hard? Tonight I have one but I couldn't be happier to have it.
I hate to admit that such sad circumstances were what brought almost all of the old gang back together, but I appreciate the chance we had to laugh and tell stories together. There were cases and cases or Henry Winehard's Root beer (in honor of Seth- one of his favorites). Not a single hug, "I love you" or "It is so good to see you" was forgotten. We told story after story of our crazy younger years. I thought I knew all the stories but I was very wrong.
A reunion of high school friends wouldn't be complete without a game of Signs, and soon we were in my parents basement playing games until we were all losing our voices from laughing so hard. I wish every kid had as great of friends as I do. How many kids these days can go on for hours about the things they have done to create fun? Farmington, New Mexico may never have a star on a map, but it sure has character. I am grateful for this two Walmart town and the characters I grew up with- and plan on continuing to grow with- even if there may be a little more distance between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment