Monday, June 21, 2010

twenty four years

I never posted about my twenty-fourth birthday. This birthday was MUCH better than last years. I don't even want to get into that though...
Now that my birthday is over and life is cruising along, I want to write down things I want and wish I could do in my 24th year of life. To get me motivated, I read the lyrics to one of my favorite Switchfoot songs "24"

And You're raising these twenty four voices
With twenty four hearts
With all of my symphonies
In twenty four parts
But I want to be One today
Centered and true

So in the spirit of being centered and true, here are the things I plan on and dream about doing

Plan:
Getting back in shape and eating healthier (I just bought Body for Life on Amazon to help me along the way)
Never stop learning- my job has shown me that I always have something more to learn
Start writing in my journal again
Drink more water and less Dr. Pepper
Find a hobby- I'm thinking about henna tatoos...
Belly laugh more often
Help make somebody else's life a little better

Dream:
Wear a sundress and cowgirl boots everyday
Have time to tan
Grow a garden
Buy an old tiffany blue truck and fix it up
Travel to India
Drink more Dr. Pepper and less water
Discover a turquoise mine

4 comments:

  1. okay for real- i want to go to india too. were you thinking yoga or food??? and if you want to go with me will you do it in the summer??? haha!
    no, really though, 85% is totally serious.
    have you read that eat, pray love book?

    kay, i was always told too... and you know how it is lAME to read a book right before the movie comes out???
    well I did- oh and I'll call you/or talk to you about something else about that too! You'll love it!!!

    also,

    about the weight loss part of it all,
    i'm starting a true blue, fat in your face, all honest blog that will be PRIVATE so you can join if you want.

    really it is just a way to document success or loss. ashley said she would do it, and i thought this might be exactly what you need too!

    by the way,

    this is long.

    and also,

    i really loved your list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY (belated) birthday!

    You should leave a comment and tell me when you b day is so that i can write you a b-day post next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i just read through all of that and it might not all make sense! haha! i think i need a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIKAEL happy birthday...you are so funny I really liked your "dream" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a rockin' awesome birthday!! Stick with drinking Dr Pepper, because it is worth it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete