Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The day of Love

Oh glorious day. This valentines day was great.  It was my first with Ronnie.  I set a 10 dollar limit this year so se would have to get creative. I decorated Ronnies room and made a banner I made, hearts with messages, and streamers (thank you JD for helping me). We exchanged gifts before we went to dinner at Macaroni grill. I made Ronnie a book out of a deck of cards with 52 things I love about him. He also got a big bag of swedish fish-  his favorite and a little something I had from Egypt. Ronnie gave me flowers and a beautiful and thoughtful gift he worked very hard on.
My roommate Ashlee is taking a letterpress class so she helped him take a page and drawing from our favorite book and turned it into a letterpress to display. Ronnie etched it and set the type himself and they spent many long hours figuring it out. I just loved how close Ashlee and him got and how much fun they had together.
I loved my gift and will keep it forever.  We then had a blast together at dinner. My dad gave me a beautiful silver bracelet. He always pull through on that.
I hope your day was as fabulous as mine!



5 comments:

  1. I need to see those cards...immediately! Such a cute idea. I love Ronnie's gift to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ronnie's pretty good at playing the retro-macho guy part, but beneath it I'm totally impressed how thoughtful and sweet he is to you. :) The ten dollar limit is a fabulous idea, you guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think this Ronnie guy is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete