Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Did you know I love surprises?



What a busy/long week it has been already and it is only Wednesday. This is my transition week into teaching 3rd grade so knowing my schedule has been hard. Nathan had his first big test in Econ with a professor that is infamous for failing half of BYU. With our lives a bit crazy and a crazy weekend coming up, it didn't look like we were going to see each other for over a week, which seems silly since we only live 30 miles apart. I wasn't too happy about the idea but decided to try and be positive anyway.
After school I ran to the store and then went home to make dinner. I heard banging on the front door and my roommate yelled "Come in!" A deep voice then yelled back, "Special delivery for a Michael Webb!" My first thought was "Ooo! Surprise package! I knew my mom loved me." and then I thought, "Ok, why can't anyone say my name right." So I stomped to the door and opened it up and there was Nathan smiling. What a wonderful surprise! I guess he was trying to do a Sean Connery voice and it worked...I had no idea it was him. That is why I put the photo of him above. I think it expresses him pretty well. Plus I love the story behind the picture. We had been walking through the old city and Nathan was sharing much of his... random knowledge... with me about the island of Vanuatu and how it is disappearing into the ocean. I could have cared less thinking that nobody cared about it but the people on the island and him. Then he found this pen in the old city. Why it was in Jerusalem who knows! Probably just to prove to me that Nathan's information isn't always useless. Oh you know I am kidding Nathan.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah that picture pretty much sums me up. Weird look on my face, crazy cowlick hair, and a random topic floating next to me.
    and hey, you have to admit, i can do a mean sean connery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I love the "random info" comment. Oh, Nathan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Nathan, good job on the surprise and at least you are sharing info and not just asking questions.

    p.s. what is this I hear about you stealing her for thanksgiving....does that mean we get to steal you for x-mas?

    ReplyDelete