Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Old Age

Is it just me, or am I getting old? I have to pee at least 20 times more than I used to. Nothing sounds better than going to bed early. Getting to bed by midnight used to be early not too long ago. While I still stop by the shoe section each time I go in a store, I usually find myself in the bath section imagining a nice long bath instead of a super cute outfit out on the town. I just want a huge tub with hot, hot water and a million bath things...soaps, salts, scrubs, oils, bubbles, you name it I want it. Since Johnathon has gotten home from his mission I feel so much more complete. I have someone to boss around and he allows me to pretend to be the mother hen again.
This week I am observing classes again before I move to teaching 3rd grade. To get a better idea of what I want to do I have been peeking in on some of the classrooms around school. I sat in on a Diagnostic Kindergarten (all the students have special needs) and I absolutely fell in love. I can't get my mind off of how much I want to teach that class. I told my cooperating teacher and she just about died when I told her I would probably have dreams about it because I loved it so much. She told me I was sick. Then she told me she would talk to the lady over Special Ed. for the district and ask if there are any positions opening up in any of the other diagnostic kindergartens. I sure hope so!
Am I not the most exciting person you ever met?
P.s. I must apologize to any one who has had to cross paths with me in the past two weeks. My periods have never really effected me much and i never knew what the big deal was about PMS because I had never really experienced it. Well it caught up with me this month. I believe I cried everyday for no good reason, yelled at or shot death looks to every person I love, and felt so tired and loopy that I acted like i was on drugs. So to all that had to endure my presence, I am sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck. LOVE this post. About cried myslef silly over as I too am in that beautiful stage of the month.
    My poor husband.
    I even had Jeremy read it- he said... hun, you could have written this post.

    So, my dear friend,

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....the period comment is HILARIOUS. Don't worry, you'll REALLY feel old when you get pregnant - you have to pee every TEN minutes, you get leg cramps in your sleep, you can't go up the stairs without puffing, and every single bone aches in your body. Good thing you get to feel hiccups and kicks to make up for it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikael! You have a blog! I freaking miss you so much. How is student teaching? What school are you at? I live in Layton, that's only like an hour north, when can we play? Oh and yes...all I want to do at nine is go to bed - ha!

    ReplyDelete