Sunday, January 30, 2011

That Boy


Yes, this boy.
He drives me nuts. In the best way possible.
He likes the same music I do. And if he doesn't he puts up with it. (He even agreed to go see Yanni with me!)
He always knows how to make me laugh. Even when I try and be grumpy and not laugh at his ridiculousness.
He accompanies me on my hair brained adventures. Including the one where we wasted a perfectly good Saturday in pursuit of Catholic relics at an estate sale of a closing convent. Turns out what was advertised as a convent was more of a nursing home...oops!
The purpose of this post almost got away from me! Last night Ronnie planned a surprise date for me. He held to his word and no matter how much I pestered for a clue, he didn't give in. When date time arrived he told me he was running late and asked if I could meet him at his place to save some time. I traveled the hop, skip, and jump between our apartments to find a beautiful surprise indeed! I found Ronnie waiting in his suit with a rose in hand and his kitchen lit up with tea candles. He had worked hard preparing a beautiful dinner for me. He made it all on his own! I could tell he had worked extra hard from the beads of sweat I spied on the corner of brow when I leaned in to give him a hug. I am sure juggling cooking, decorating, and switching his attention between preparing different dishes was a difficult task to maneuver around the kitchen, but he did it for me.
The Menu:
Herbed chicken over sticky rice with a lemon curd sauce
(don't forget the won-tons he fried up to crunch on top of the chicken)
Homemade cream cheese stuffed won-tons
Yummy salad with poppy seed dressing
and last but not least
Dr. Pepper

We shared a beautiful dinner with our favorite tunes in the background, just me and him. So what's the occasion? I couldn't figure it out but he reminded me. Our 4 month anniversary from our first date! Has it already/only been 4 months!

Jealous? You should be. But back off ladies (and the occasional gay man I have to fight off as well).
HE IS MINE.

10 comments:

  1. He is so good to you. Love this! Have him teach Talon some romantic tricks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and have him make me dinner sometime. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look on your face.
    What a fun date. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You have a pretty good catch mikael! I am pretty sure he's a keeper ;) I love reading about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! Tell Ronnie Ba Donnie (there's a new one) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW! I can't wait to meet him in March and pick away at all the things that are wrong with him because all I keep hearing about from EVERYONE is how great he is (j/k). I a sooooo happy for you Mikael. It seems you might have actually found someone who (almost) deserves you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mikael... I was engaged at the 4 month mark!!! be careful!!! lol jk! love you! - Lacey P.S. NAZI RACCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is soo sweet!! Wish Perry would do that for me!

    ReplyDelete