Monday, February 2, 2009

Trailer Trash

The group of Jerusalem kids who went down for my roommates farewell in St. George

Trailer Trash: That is what I feel like right now. I never showered today because I have a two hour long PE class on Mondays and Wednesdays, and absolutely no time to come home and shower between classes on Monday. My toenails are in serious need of a new pain job. I have been sporting the old sweatshirt and jeans combo all day. Remember when school was fun?...Now that I think about it, not really. I don't ever remember enjoying school. I do remember having fun figuring out how to get around school. You know, tell Mr. Bickel I was going to find sparkles for our poetry project, then have the cowboy I made friends wiwth in the back of the classroom sneak me my backpack and never return. I think I did that three days in a row and my teacher never caught on. The other day in church some one encouraged us to think of the hymn "Have I done any good in the world today" each day and evaluate ourselves. Well, if slowing down at the crosswalk so pedestrians could cross even if I was running late to class counts, then yes, I have done some good in the world today. I promise, one of these days, I will be up to some good.

I applied for graduation today. Do you think it is about time? You know what would be a great graduation present? Put me on What Not to Wear. Just film me on days like today and I would be in like sin. Are you sick of hearing me complain yet? I am.

1 comment:

  1. Problem, you look too cute even when you are a scum. According to my husband I could be on that show even when I am dressed in my best. I am so "frumpy" lately, as he likes to remind me! PS. I think not running over people is a very generous act!

    ReplyDelete