Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ghost of Adventures Past


The Ghost of adventures past is haunting me. I went to the library to get some things done I couldn't escape! Maybe it is a mind game or something, but I am getting that itch for another adventure. I know, I know, a little rediculous considreing I got back from Israel only 3 months ago, but I am not kidding when I say this happens to me every 3 months. Is there such a thing as travel addiction? Well, as I was leaving the library to go get some dinner, I noticed that I was walking past the isle of books about the Holy Land. I of course pull all of them down and flip through the pages. Then I found a novel about a Palestinian child that looked really interesting. So, i decided to check it out. But then I felt a little guilty that I was being bias, so I picked out a book about a Jew, just to be Kosher. As I checked out my books and walked out of the library, but not before being stopped once again by the Ghost of Adventures past. Every month the library does a feature on a genre of book. This months topic...Travel! I flipped through the book of Petra, the one of the Holy Land, and another of Jordan. I am seeing it as a sign from heaven. It is my Holy calling to travel. All donations are accepted...all in the name of divine calling of course.

5 comments:

  1. I am so with you. I always tell Rodney that he has to die 1st and leave me with a lot of $$$ because I am going to be one of those cute little old ladies that travels the world with her friends in their matching sequin vests- AND I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will wear a squins vest...even a hat if I get to join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your next adventure was marriage! Wish I could seee the look on your face right now. And the girls know I will be there all sequinsed out with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marraige gets in the way of me wearing that sequinsed vest sooner than the rest of you...so I'll hold off on that. P.s. chanel and I were talking about it: Moab...family dance...it's gunna happen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well maybe I will be to old to have a sequin vest. My attire will be a walker, you guys will just have to help me up the first step on the bus.

    ReplyDelete