Monday, September 28, 2009

Miss Webb

I love being called Miss Webb. I love seeing students get excited... or embarassed, depends on the students, when I yell out thier name and wave at them in the hall. Sometimes I will even make a face. I love hearing from parents that thier son or daughter talks about me at home and how much they love coming to my class. Especially when that particular student asks when they get to go back to their other class the whole time they are with me. I struggled with loving resource at first but now that I am completely immersed in it I love it! The progress is slow, but it is worked for. Now I am right in the middle of my last week teaching in resource before switching to 3rd grade and wondering where the time went! I am not ready to leave my munchkins that test my patience each and every day. Right as I am getting a hang of things I have to let go and move on. WIsh me luck as I get ready for a whole new baptism by fire...3rd grade.

4 comments:

  1. I know, I think that really IS the hardest part (I told Sis Anderson this too).

    It seems to go soooooo fast and right when you are finally getting a hang of it... BAM! Next class.

    Don't worry though,

    you're half way through and soon you'll have an entire year
    just for you
    and your students.
    It's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luckk and just think of Noah while you are doing it all....he would love you if it were his class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my good friends here teaches resource. I have subbed for her many times. In those short amounts of time you really learn to love the kids for all of the extra effort it takes them to try to catch up to what the norm is. What amazes me most is actually watching them catch up through the years. I am amazed at how slow it can seem sometimes, and the change that comes when it clicks. Thank goodness for people like you that give others that are just traveling on a different track to the station, direction and motivation to help them make it to their destination. I am sure you will be missed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mikael...how I have missed your hilarious posts!!! Glad you are liking teaching, I bet you are great!!

    ReplyDelete