Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blessings?


(ok, let me explain the photo. It has nothing to do with my post but I thought it was funny. I was looking for an image of blessing on google and this on came up. It was an ad for blankets. Doesn't the person under the blanket look dead? Maybe it was a blessing for the woman. Who knows)
Yes. Blessings with a question mark. Let me explain.
I have tried a variety of ways to make myself feel better when I am stressed. Icecream, french fries, calling someone I love, working out, music...the list goes on. While those do help, (especially ice cream) I feel like most of the time it is just a cover up. I still am stressed, I just am stressed with a fat belly, a good conversation, or some sweet tunes (obviously I have tried the working out one the least). Well, these past couple of weeks have been stressful in ways I haven't minded but am getting worn down. Student teaching is hard to find where your place is, especially when it is left to figure out at the last minute. Figuring out how to juggle that with work has been fun. Getting used to new roommates. The pile of laundry that just doesn't seem to do itself in the one hour I am home a day. You know, the stresses of life.
Get to the point Mikael.
What I have found to be helpful with all this crap is thinking about my blessing. So to keep me positive, comment on my blog every once in a while and say "But what about your blessings Mikael?" And I will write a list. Here is the list that has been piling up in my brain
I get to drive home from work right at sunset. The sunset looks amazing when the whole sky is purple and gold and all you can see of the mountains are dark shadows jutting up into the sky.
Driving with my window down. I do this mostly for gas saving purposes but it has become something I love.
Walking around looking like a hillbilly and not caring one bit. I have on some nasty shorts I bought at Walmart because I forgot my swimsuit when we went to Washington, a much-to-short bathingsiut top from the beginning of high school, and a white tank top that is pretending to hide my gut hanging out. I love that I really don't care what people think about how I look. I am happy with me and that makes me so much better (at least in my opinion)
Sticking my feet in the pool. I love water
Celebrating one year since I left for Jerusalme with 60 out of the 80 of us that went and 2 of 4 professors who were there from the US. That party deserves a post all it's own.
Finding beauty in ugly things..only because I know it will make the best white elephant gift this christmas...that's right, I just bought mine and it cost a whopping 30 cents. Get ready Webb family
Well, now I am going to change out of this rediculous outfit becasue I don't want everyone wanting my bod when I go walk down to Artic circle to get some ice cream...just in case thinking about my blessings doesn't work

5 comments:

  1. I am SO EXCITED for the white elephant...and Christmas in general.

    I'm impressed with your good attitude...I need to be more like you. Usually when I'm stressed, I just get grumpier and grumpier til no one wants to be within a 100 foot radius of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get stressed I usually take it out on a person (usually Rodney) and just get madder and onryer with him. To get me out of the funk I say a pray thanking Heavenly Father for all of the great qualities he has, and then I list them. Sometimes it feels repetitive, and like I am just listing them even though I don't feel like he is using him at that moment, but eventually my heart is softened and I go about dealing with him in a whole other way. I think listing positives is definitely the best way to humble yourself and make a change inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken to throwing things the last couple of weeks...have to say the ice cream option sounds MUCH better! Hey on that list you forgot to write seeing me this weekend, that is a blessing right???? Love you, cannot wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete