Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Noche de Espanol

Well friends, it looks like my 3 years combined of middle school and high school Spanish got me no where. I joined a little group of coworkers last night for a dinner where Spanish was the language of choice. Some coworkers put it together to help those of us that want some practice, experience, and an opportunity to practice with friends who can help and give us more experience using and hearing Spanish. I took Ronnie (a post about him to come soon...let's just say he is my newest accessory) with me so he could use his Spanish and meet a few of my work friends.
Much to every ones relief, I was mostly silent and just trying to soak in the Spanish goodness. I tried out a few words and phrases Ronnie helped me practice on the way over...They didn't get me far and I have forgotten all of them except for "Estamos Saliendo" (We are dating) Haha!
The food was delicious and I had fun making myself a little uncomfortable trying something new. I was surprised at how good Ronnies Spanish was for only being in Mexico 6 months. I think that I will continue to go out of my comfort zone and maybe make this something to scratch off "try/learn something that scares me" from my list. I have also been contemplating Scuba... What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. You just convinced me that maybe i should come to the next noche de espanol! If anything, the for the food :) Sad I missed Gaby's cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scuba scuba scuba, and more about Ronnie!

    ReplyDelete