Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update

I realize I have not blogged in a while and I am going to play a little catch up today.
The question is where do I start? Life has been a whirlwind the past few months and I haven't really documented any of it on my blog so I will just hit some highlights.
** At the beginning of November I took Ronnie, Ashlee, and Ty home with me for a weekend so I could go see my grandmother (Nanny) in the hospital. I felt so much better after being able to see Nanny, give her kisses, and tell her how much I loved her. Even though she wasn't at full physical or speaking capacity, it was great to see her personality shine through. My friends and Ronnie had a blast in Farmington and spending some quality time with the Webb fam. I wish I had some pictures to share but I didn't take a single one.
**At work I was asked to get trained to teach a children's group for an agency called Grandfamilies. It is a support group/workshop for grandparents, aunts, uncles, or relatives that are fostering a relitive's child/children. The "parents" attend their group and I will help run the children's group where the children learn about personal boundaries, drug and alcohol awareness, safety, and ect. Although it may be tough to see some of these kids coming from hard situations, I am so excited to be able to be involved with this program as it is starting up in Utah County, and even more excited to step back into my love for teaching and brush up on my teaching skills.
**Thanksgiving. I spent four days in Temecula, CA with Ronnie at his house for Thanksgiving. I had met his family briefly at a wedding reception and was excited to go to their house and spend a few days in sunny California. Although I was still struggling to get rid of a nasty cold I had been fighting for 3+ weeks, I had a blast! I got to see family videos, play the most hilarious/painfully slow game of catch phrase, do a little antique shopping (which by the way- I found some turquoise rings from the 1920's for $15...those Californians could have cared less about all the turquoise treasures they had) sleep in every morning, and laugh until it hurt all week long. Our drive back to Utah took a little longer than expected because of snow, but I was in the company of friends and a handsome man so I didn't mind. Below are some picture from a little trip Ronnie and I took down to San Diego with his sisters. They made sure I got to see the temple:



These next few weeks are going to be crazy but I am looking forward to getting home and spending some time with my siblings and having Johnathon home from Israel. I can't wait to look through all of his pictures and pester him with a million questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment