Friday, July 10, 2009

Just another day

I wanted to quickly blog about a couple things before I hit the ol' grindstone again.
#1. At one of the homes I work at, they had the most glorious blankets that reminded me of Brittani so I had to share. They are made from that ultr-soft fabric that lots of baby blankets are made out of but they have all sorts of patterns. Check out Marla Roo's Minkys.
#2. I had the best day of summer the other day. After work, my friend Matt and I headed over to our friend's apartment complex so round up some ppl to swim. On our way we jammed out to Michael Jackson's PYT (pretty young thing). We got some people together and swam for several hours. I must brag, I beat 3 our of 4 boys in the biggest splash contest. I know that isn't exactly working on being girly (as mom likes to remind me) but it sure was fun. After swimming, we grilled up some chicken. While Layton was grilling, I convinced his roommate James, whom I had met that day, to take me for a ride on his motorcycle. Okay, so it didn't take much convincing, but I absolutley loved it! My friend Anglea who was my roommate in Jerusalem, came and swam annd hung out for a while. I really did have a ton of fun.
#3. I have been embracing the curl! I dont know what has changed this week, but I have come to the realization that I have no idea why I blow dry and style my hair everyday when I have curly hair. I now just hop out of the shower, wrap a towel around my head. Do my makeup, pull the towel off my hair, (here is the important part) Don't brush my hair, scrunch some mousse in there, and go. By not brushing all the curl out of my hair, it looks so much better when I just let is go. Yes, I am loving my nappy/curly head. Plus, I once heard that boys like loose curly hair becaue it makes a girl appear more free spirited. Who knows, it might be true!

2 comments:

  1. Boys LIKE a girl who will jump in and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! i heart curls... I bet you look darling!

    ReplyDelete