Sunday, July 5, 2009

Like a popsicle on the 4th of July

For those of you not wanting to read this whole post, let me give you the short list of why I loved this weekend:
1. Nieces and Nephews (melt my heart every time)
2. Family- you really can't have too much family around
3. No work!
4. Idependence Day - I got a little more emotional about it than I I thought I would with my brother being in Kuwait
5. Food, so much food
I don't know about you but I loved this weekend. I can't even tell you how excited I was to see my family and spend some time with them. It was just as fun as I imagined it would be. I got to spend some time with just mom and dad on Saturday and seeing everyone Saturday night and Sunday was so much fun. I was even excited to see Annie's (my sister in law) parents. As much as I love my brothers and sisters, their kids make family get togethers one billion times more exciting. I used to hate having to sit at the kids table and never getting to go with the 'adults' when I was growing up. Now I realize that it is way more fun sitting on the front porch with the kids, letting them smash cupcakes into their face. (It also allows me to smash cupcakes into my face) I can't believe how big all the nieces and nephews are getting and that Perry and christi are going to be adding grandbaby # 15 this December! I can tell you one thing for sure, it will be cute!
Today Jamison and I were sitting on the front porch and she asked me when I am going to move back into my old house. I told her I asked Mammy (my mom) if I could just live in their basement forever but Mammy said no. I told her I was living in Utah for a while and soon it would be time for me to find a real job. Then she asked me if I could get one where I could see her. Oh tug on the heart strings! This weekend really got me thinking about what the heck I am going to be doing after student teaching and maybe even panicing a little bit. I have been doing some searching today and checked out the Early Intervention and emailed people about keeping me posted on job openings. I know Farmington New Mexico is no place for me to find a husband, but it seems like no place in this world is a place to find a husband. So I am even keeping my eyes open in New Mexico. I checked out Idaho, New Mexico, and Texas. Texas just started a special program for children with Autism that looks really interesting. I will really keep my eyes on that one.
Before I forget...Did I mention how dang cute my nephew Elijah is? I cannot wait to babysit him!

No comments:

Post a Comment