Monday, August 17, 2009

Why I am SO over BYU-Idaho

Yes. I am over it. I am tired of them making me feel like a failure that I am disorganized and then they can't even get their act together. So several of the other student teachers that live in my apartment complex told me they got Kindergarter too and we were so excited. Then I found out today that BYU-Idaho found out they got that placement and were told that we are not allowed to student teach kindergarten so they are getting their placements changed. Apparently some states don't accept kindergarten as true elementary teaching experience (kind of like it is preschool) so we have to teach 1-3 in order to be able to get our degree. I, however, have heard NOTHING from BYU-Idaho and have decided I better call them tomorrow and figure what the heck I am supposed to be doing because I am just ready to be done now. I am SO SAD! My cooperating teacher called me today and she sound so fun and sweet and she sounded so sad when I told her there would be a good chance I wouldn't get to be with her. So, BOO to BYU-Idaho and your inability to do something very important right.

4 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY agree, BYU-IDAHO is SO SO SO disorganized and can't even obey their own rules...I am glad I am out of that place, the only thing good is some of the teachers, administration...BOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just stinks and isn't helpful to anyone. They really need to get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my heck! oh, well... no matter WHAT grade they finally "assign" to you, you'll be the best teacher EVER!

    ReplyDelete