Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lovin what I do

Have I told you I love my job yet? Well if I haven't let me tell you, it beat the pants off of your job. People bow in my presence. Of course I in turn get on bended knee in return. We then take part in a ritual called playing. Yes, I play for a living. Blocks, puzzles, balls, you name it. So far I have been doing a lot of orientation stuff and home visits meeting a few of the children I will be taking onto my case load. I was able to attend a special therapy offered using horses. I was in heaven.
I really like the other people that work at Kids On The Move and am already falling in love with the little ones I will be working with. I feel so lucky to have snagged this job.
Let me tell you a little bit about my "perks." My salary requires that I work a 40 hr. work week 230 days a year. That means I get lots of time off. A week off in June, SPRING BREAK (just making up for the ones I didn't get in college) and no worries about working holidays. While I should be working 40 hour work weeks, they hours are flexible. That means I can work a bunch of hours and save the hours I have gone over to not work some hours on different days without taking time off. I get money each year to go to a conference of my choice... there is one in Disneyland coming up...
I have to drive a lot to do the home visits but I get paid for my mileage. Right now I am watching videos on autism at Talon and Annie's. I'm in my PJ's. Yes, this counts as work. My obsession with autism has lead me to read and hear all the information in these videos, so I'm multitasking ;)
Oh! And I finally got an apartment. I move in Tuesday. It is a little one bedroom and one bathroom but it has a dishwasher, washer and dryer, disposal, free cable and internet. Most of all, it is clean.
A special on a documentary done by a boy with autism is one. Gotta go.

7 comments:

  1. THIS IS LACEY. STOP. I MISS YOU. STOP. ADD ME ON YOUR BLOG. STOP.!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. COngrats! SOunds wonderful- all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!!!! I'm glad you are really enjoying life and will get a spring break for once!!! (we used to get a spring DAY... remember? haha) Sounds like you are doing great!!! LOVE YOU MIKAELSPIDERWEBB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. christina christina christina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about your new job! Although I would like it a lot more if you lived here and could be coming to my house to play ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are loving it. It sounds like an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh! i really do want to talk to you about this! not that i don't enjoy kindergarten-but you make this sound AMAZING WITH AN UPPERCASE A!

    ReplyDelete