Friday, March 6, 2009

Is this weekend really here?

Well the weekend is finally here and I don't know how I feel about it. Nathan and I did not see eachother last weekend, and these two weeks have felt like FOREVER! Rough life...Right? Lucky me, when i go down to visit him this weekend, both of our parents will be in town! I have a hard enough time impressing my own parents, let alone somebody elses. Nathan keeps telling me not to worry. Fat chance. Dads have never really scared me, it is the moms that put fear in my bones. Nathan keeps telling em she won't caare what I look like or how nice I am, it is all about how spiritual I am. Well I might as well start preparing my goodbyes for Nathan. I remeber the first time I figured out I needed some spiritual work. Mom and Dad sat the family down to tell us they had been called on a mission. they then told us that some of us kids could go with them and some couldn't. Right away I knew I was one that wouldn'd becasue I was such a bad kid. Bad kids don't go on missions. Luckily the prophet wouldn't let that happen, so I went, and made a mess of that whole mission experience. Then came the day in 9th grade semenary. Sister King asked her usual question of "So where is your Dad today?" We once agian responded with "Your guess is as good as mine." Then I proceeded to tell her how much I hate General Authorities becasue they steal mt bed. Good thing it was a clear day outside, or lighting surely would have struck. The look of pure horror on everyone's faces as I bad mouthed General Authorities was enough to teach me that maybe they weren't so bad after all.
So, poor Nathan's Mom (I forgot her name again) I apologize now. I don't beleieve I will be able to deliver. I look forward to the day I can prove to your son I can out burp him, as hard as I try to love Relief Society it just ain't happening, and personality is the only ball I have in my court. At least, I hope so.

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up. You are way better off then I am spiritually. And I don't see how anyone could not love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do fine, and She would be crazy to not love you...I will take care of her if needs be! Just be yourself and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that I have the new link. Love that it is the weekend and we get to play. Love that his mom loves you. Love that I love you. Love that I am done saying love for at least a month.

    ReplyDelete