Monday, March 16, 2009

My weekend as a mother of 5

Yes, you read the title right. And guess what, I loved every minute of it. Let me skip back a bit in the story a little bit and then I will tell you about the weekend.
So, it is the very first day of school this semester, and in true Mikael style, I was running late to class. As I rush in, the only seat open is one right up front, right next to the teacher. Not really my first pick in seating, but what was I to do. I sat down at the table, and it may have been the smartest move I made all semester. The three other people sitting at the table have become people I look forward to seeing each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We are quite the group. There is me- unmarried, blown with the wind, and ready to be out of school. Jeannine- recently married, a free spirit, keeps the rest of us in line. Nick- recent convert to the church, once had 10 plus piercings, married with 2 children. and last but certainly not least Leah- single mom of five, could make friends with a rock, secretly I think she is a long lost Webb girl.
We have all become friends this semester and I have loved having class with them. Leah ended up having to fly to Georgia this weekend and asked me if I would watch her kids for her. Of course! She was totally okay with Nathan hanging out with us all weekend and even got a place for him to stay just two doors down from her place. Nathan and I went over Saturday morning and I switched off duties with Jeannine Monday night.
Leah's kids were so good and so much fun, I really think they could have done just fine with out us there. They were so patient when we didn't eat dinner until late Saturday because whoever from Relief Society was supposed to bring dinner forgot... so spaghetti came to the rescue! Leah's oldest daughter is blind, and it was so fun to see the other children help her out and see what sweet people they are becasue of how well they have learned to treat their sister. The youngest is two and I loved toting him around everywhere, and even letting him sleeo with me one night.
I was a little worried Nathan would be overwhelmed, but he did great! The kids ADORED him, and even after he left, they were still talking about him and wishing he was there. In fact, I got a little bit jealous and made a new rule- Mikael is the favorite. I really was impressed with how well he did and how much fun it looked liked he was having.
Now that I am home and back to the bickering roommates, I am missing those little munchkins and looking even more forward to this weekend when I can steal some kisses from the world's cutest kids.

4 comments:

  1. The munchkins and parents are excited too. We can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at you go! You are going to be such a super mom someday. Nathan sounds awesome with kids too...watch out, that's what did me in for Talon: seeing him interact with his nieces and nephews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see that sdie of him, but even better to see how he holds up to teh CHANEL test. I cannot wait, I am so excited...happy days!

    ReplyDelete