Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom

I know this is a day late and a dollar short but I figured it is better that way than nothing at all. I really was thinking about mom all day yesterday and all the little reasons I love her. You can ask Nathan. He was sick of hearing all my little ideas. So here are just a few of the million reasons my mom is the best in the world.
After School Snacks: What kind of woman can have 8 children, clean up after them everyday, and have a freshly baked, just out of the oven after school snack waiting for them each day? My mom, that's who.
Tom Boy: Each time I move in with a new set of girls I rediscover just how ungirl I was (and maybe still am) sometimes. Thank you for letting me play with my G.I. Joes mom and run around like a barbarian with my brothers. True story- My roommates asked me how many sisters Laura Ingles Wilder (I have no clue how to spell that)had and Nathan started answering her question when I said "Who is that?" Nathan told me I was officially kicked out of the girl club (one he must be a part of for knowing her). I responded with, "Well I can tell you about Rocky." Thank you for letting me be me mom.
Jokes: I love to make people laugh, but nobody more than mom. The best is when she laughs at my jokes, even if she knows she shouldn't.
Notes: Mom always was great at leaving us little notes here and there. I loved pulling out an I love You napkin out of my lunch or finding a card on my pillow when mom left town. I have a hard enough time writing more than one person a note, let alone 8 very individual notes.
Those 7 people I call my brothers and sisters: I am currently living with two girls who are both only children. I love them (so far) but they have deepened my appreciation for tons of siblings. The reocurring lesson i seem to be learning altely is just how much siblings really do affect who you become. So thanks for giving me a ton of siblings, even if their contributions to me aren't quite perfected.

So there you have just a few of the reasons why my mom is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment