Saturday, May 30, 2009

Welcome to the world!

Here are a few pictures from the game we were playing while waiting. I said a scenario, we would make our reaction and I would snap a picture with our phone. This is our Baby Elijah is here faces:

Possibly my favorite one- you just pooped your pants. Looks like Nathan quite enjoyed it

Big foot just came up the elevator (apparently NAthan knows he stinks)

We just saw spiderman

Okay, now that you have seen all those photos, let's get down to business...
I am so excited little Elijah Webb has finally arrived! I got a text from Annie yesterday saying she checked into the hospital and that they would have a baby that night. Then Talon texted me telling me the same thing. I was on my way to my roommates wedding reception (which was a blast) and I could hardly contain my excitement. I have only gotten to be around when Asher was born. Everyone else seems to wait until I leave for school and then decides to come. Anyone who knows me knows I love my nieces and nephews a little more than might be healthy, so being told I was getting to add another little person to my list of love was pretty darn exciting. Talon later called and said they needed batteries for his camera and to come when ever was convenient. So I danced to a few more songs and then headed to the store. After leaving the store I get another phone call, "Have you left the store? We need a couple more things" So back to the store and then straight to the hospital. Well, those batteries would just have to wait cuz Eli was coming. Nathan and I didn't know the passcode to get into the maternity ward so we waited for a call back Talon telling us the code, but got a call saying "She is fully dialated she's starting to push. Stick around and you will get to meet the baby." You don't have to ask me twice! So Nathan and I sat outside the doors in the elevator lobby, listening to 15 second clips or ringtone previews and taking pictures of ourselves because there wasn't a stitch or reading material in sight. (I thought Nathan was going to die.)I think we had it esy, we just had to sit there and as far as we know, the stork could have brought little Eli.
Not long after we recieved word that Elijah had arrived, Cheryl came up the elevator and we followed her to peek in on Annie. For having just delivered a baby, she looked GORGEOUS! Of course she would. That is just Annie. Then we snuck down to the nursery to have a peek at the baby. He had a proud Daddy sitting next to him and a nurse examinig every square inch, confirming he was perfect. And perfect he is. As far as I can tell, Eli has Talon's piggy nose and I even saw his thumb find his mouth. He was pink as pink can be and just wiggling and blinking. Lucky little guy is going to have a great dad! I am excited to go up and visit him again and begin telling him who his favorite aunt is...

2 comments:

  1. so nice of you to tell him Brittani is his favorite for me. I cannot wait til you have kids and I can brainwash them like you have mine! I have to admit I am jealous you are there and I am not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooch, you are the BEST aunt to Eli. He is one lucky dude to have you around town. We are so happy you're here! Thanks for the batteries and cold packs...too bad Eli couldn't wait for them to arrive! Haha!

    ReplyDelete