Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BEE HAPPY

I switched my background because I am choosing to be happy. I think it if fair to say that my move to Utah hasn't been all that I had hoped and dreamed it to be. My job sucks...royally. I am 100% positive all Utah drivers have a death wish. Switch lanes as many times as possible going from point A to point B, and make sure you get as close to hitting as many cars as possible while at it. Utah drivers deserve a post of their own. I have fewer friends now than any other point in my life. I take that back. Alabama take the cake on that one. One more thing, gas prices make me want to vomit. Regardless of what sucks, I am now choosing to be happy. Sure gas will be $3 soon. But at least it isn't almost 5 like last year. Each morning I wake up to a beautiful photo of Jerusalem. Man I miss that place. I might only have a few friends, but they are good friends. Sarah Lacey. How can you not love that girl. Mitch and Matt have taken me in and made me a part of their Pleasant Grove possey. And even though Nathan and I are not dating, he is the first boy I have dated that I am able to keep as a friend after we broke up. I got my oil changes, tires rotated and balanced, and for some reason it makes me so happy. I went out to lunch with my cousin Shawn because he goes into the MTC tomorrow. I love that we have become good friends and not just cousins. (p.s. I totally used Dad's gas card to go see him. Kosher right?) Last but not least, my balnket is still holding up. It is getting a little shabby, but it is still together. Yep, I am happy. And I will be even more happy when my family comes up for the 4th and my nephew Declan come not too much longer after that.

4 comments:

  1. good on you! It is not always easy to choose to be happy (often I choose to be, well the opposite of that) but I cannot wait to be there with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the Utah drivers. The good news is you have baby Eli to cheer you up if you're ever having a bad day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you too. If your down give me a call, my life is comical to everyone but me, ok me too, I choose to laugh most days so I don't cry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I must say that I am proud to be one of those Utah drivers!

    ReplyDelete